Green For Life (GFL)
GFL (Green for Life) Environmental Inc. is a solid & liquid waste management company with operations that span Ontario to British Columbia. With a high priority on delivering services that can improve the environment and at the same time provide the most cost effective waste management solutions for customers, GFL has been systematically replacing its original diesel-powered fleets of refuse haulers with vehicles fuelled by natural gas. Fleets operating out of GFL facilities in Stoney Creek and Orangeville required NGV refuelling capabilities to serve these vehicles.
Date of completion: 2013 in service
Scope of Work:
In fulfilling its contracts Change Energy Services provided:
- Stoney Creek: Comprehensive peer review of design engineering plans as developed by a third party, installation details and approvals documentation.
- Design engineering of system as described below
- Installation layouts
- Project management support including necessary approvals
- Pre-start safety review
The operating patterns of the GFL refuse haulers operating out of these facilities determined that the fleets could be primarily served by an overnight slow-fill refuelling system. The ability to accommodate an occasional fast fill was designed into each system.
Change Energy accordingly delivered a Vehicle Refuelling system comprised of the following:
|Dryer||– Single tower regenerative dryer||– Single tower regenerative dryer|
|Compression||– Twin 150 HP reciprocating
– 2 x 220 scfm with 5 psig suction and up to 4500 psig discharge
|– Twin 150 HP reciprocating
– 2 x 235 scfm with15 psig suction and up to 4500 psig discharge
|Storage||– 1 x ASME pressure vessel 34 ft3 water capacity, 5500 psig MAWP||– 1 x ASME pressure vessel, 25 ft3 water capacity 5500 psig MAWP|
|Dispensing||– 1 x fast fill post
– 16 x dual hose time fill fuel posts
|– 1 x fast fill post
– 28 x dual hose time fill fuel posts